On Brief Hiatus, Redesign + More Launching Soon


Dear Readers,

I am writing to explain the long silence in between posts. Ever since I went into contract to write a book based on this blog, I've been dreaming of revamping this site. For the past year I've been working with husband and wife design studio House of Evbuomwan on a logo refresh, blog platform migration and overall site redesign launching in the coming weeks. Check out the sneak preview above!

I'm excited for this next phase of Dodge & Burn and I hope you are too. With the blog relaunch I plan to incorporate different types of posts among the usual photographer interviews, like lists and short, curated posts based on different themes. Some examples of these types of posts I've been working on are "15 Diverse Photobooks + Publications of 2015" and "The Afro-Latino Experience in Photography", among others.

In case you didn't know, I haven't completely abandoned my commitment to documenting a more inclusive history of photography. I'm still "micro-blogging" about diversity in photography on social media, follow me @mestrich and via the Dodge & Burn Facebook page. And when I'm not working full-time and co-raising a family, I've also been pursuing my ongoing, lifelong dream of being a working artist and photographer.

In January I self-published my first photobook, Hard To Place, available for purchase online and on view now as an exhibition through March 15th at Booklyn. Sign up here if you'd like to receive occasional news via email about my upcoming exhibitions and projects.

Thank you for your patience and as always, thanks for reading!
Qiana

_________________________________________________________________________________

Dodge & Burn is a blog dedicated to documenting a more inclusive history of photography and supporting the work of photographers of color with photographer interviews.

This blog is published by visual artist and writer, Qiana Mestrich. For regular updates on diversity in photography history, follow Qiana on Twitter @mestrich, Like the Dodge & Burn Blog page on Facebook or subscribe to Dodge & Burn by email.

Labels: ,